Aromatherapy is the use of aromatic plant extracts and essential oils.
Essential oils have been used to improve quality of life since the beginning of civilization. Today we continue to use essential oils to support balance and peace within our lives.
Essential oils are found in seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other plant parts. They provide the plant with protection against predators and disease and play a role in plant pollination. If you've ever smelled a rose or a sprig of basil, you've experienced essential oils.
Essential oils are highly concentrated, about 50-70 times more powerful than herbs. Less is more. One drop of peppermint essential oil contains the equivalent of 28 cups of peppermint tea!
Essential oils and aromatherapy have been shown to:
• Support a healthy immune system
• Relieve stress and anxiety
• Uplift mood
• Promote focus, memory, and mental clarity
• Support restful sleep
• Support circulatory, respiratory, and cardiovascular systems
• Relieve indigestion and stomach upset
• Support weight loss and manage hunger cravings
• Reduce inflammation and pain (both acute and chronic)
• Soothe achy joints and sore muscles
• Speed up recovery from injury or illness
• Improve overall health
How to use essential oils:
• Affects mood
• Purifies the air
• Helps maintain a healthy airway
• Inhale oil from bottle, diffuse, combine oil with water and use as a room spray
• Works fast! Enters the bloodstream within 30 seconds
• Dilute with jojoba oil (or other carrier oil) to prevent skin irritation and when applying hot essential oils (eg, oregano and cinnamon)
• Apply topically to the skin or the bottom of the feet
• Supportive to the body's systems
• Consume as a dietary supplement for targeted wellness
• Add a drop to your favorite dish for exceptional flavor
• Not all oils are safe for internal use. Check the label for supplement facts!
Tips and Safety
Keep out of eyes, ears, nose, and other sensitive areas.
Wash your hands after applying essential oils.
Dilute with jojoba oil or other carrier oil, NOT water.
Follow label directions.
Use internally only if the bottle has supplement facts.
When using internally (eg, adding to a food or beverage), use a glass or stainless steel container, NOT plastic.